Recovery Loan Scheme
The Recovery Loan Scheme [RLS] supports UK businesses by providing access to finance, for the use of commercial recovery and growth, following the disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Up to £10 million is available per business, the actual amount and terms offered, are at the discretion of participating lenders.
The government guarantees 80% of the finance to the lender. As the borrower, you are always 100% liable for the debt.
The scheme is open until 31 December 2021, subject to review.
You can apply for a loan if your business:
- Is trading in the UK
You need to show that your business:
- Would be viable were it not for the pandemic
- Has been adversely impacted by the pandemic
- Is not in collective insolvency proceedings [eligibility may differ if business is in Northern Ireland Protocol scope]
Business that received support under the earlier COVID-19 guaranteed loan schemes are still eligible to access finance under this scheme – if they meet all other eligibility criteria.
Who cannot apply
Businesses from any sector can apply, except:
- Banks, building societies, insurers and reinsurers [but not insurance brokers]
- Public-sector bodies
- State-funded primary and secondary schools
What you can get
- Term loans or overdrafts of between £25,001 and £10 million per business
- Invoice or asset finance of between £1,000 and £10 million per business
No personal guarantees will be taken on facilities up to £250,000 and a borrower’s principal private residence cannot be taken as security.
How long the loan is for
The maximum length of the facility depends on the type of finance you apply for and will be:
- Up to 3 years for overdrafts and invoice finance facilities
- Up to 6 years for loans and asset finance facilities
How to apply
You can Apply for RLS support with CFM through the BBB accredited lenders on our panel.